Just read an interesting post over at BloggingAwayDebt, one of my 10 favorite blogs. The blogger posted instructions on what to do when a CFL bulb breaks. My reaction was that it sounded a lot like an asbestos cleanup. You have to dampen the area, pickup all the pieces and then double bag everything.
Apparently, CFLs contain mercury, which is not exactly good for you or the environment. In fact, in some states, mercury is hazardous waste so you have to take it to a hazardous waste facility. While we might be saving energy, we will also be polluting the world with nasty mercury if we aren’t careful!